Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I know, it's been like fifteen minutes.

I am just frustrated with this blog thing. I can't get it to look the way I want it- the way that will look cute to other people- etc. I get mad at the computer, mad at myself for not being creative "enough". That just leads to this whole, long overwhelming thing of you're boring, Rachel. You're no fun, Rachel. You shouldn't be spending your time doing this for so long, Rachel. Gosh, Rachel, you're being pretty much miserable right now. On and on it goes.

So, I'm stumbling along other people's blogs trying to get ideas. I get to Claire's. I read some old posts. Here comes to punch to the face :

"I know of nothing more agitating to the soul, nothing that so unsettles and disquiets, as the contemplation of the self."

-Elisabeth Elliot


Hmm, interesting. And although I wasn't thinking specifically about how horrible of a sinner I am and how I'll never be good enough, etc., I was still thinking about little 'ol me. Very unsettling, and it certainly makes my brain go to war with itself, very loudly in fact, until everything else just gets drowned out, and all I want to do is sulk.

You know what? Here's another I believe:

I believe in grace. Thank goodness!

Now! Back to the blog! :) I've added a list of blogs that I follow. Sorry if you didn't know I read your blog all the time, ha. If you want me to take the link down, please let me know. Also, I'm working on a header, if you're wondering. You probably weren't though, because usually I think people are so worried about me and how I look and how my things look. Usually, not true. Anyway, I'm working on it. It makes me feel better to say that.

Well, hope everyone's Tuesday has been lovely. I've been pretty worthless, but so enjoyed myself. Slept, ate, and watched a movie, a very cute one, by the way.






It made me want to watch this one really, really bad:



Don't Emma Thompson and Natasha Richardson look identical to you?

And I forgot to mention this in my last posts, but congratulations to Sarah on completing senior project! Wow. I'm so proud of you!!

5 comments:

i'm rachel said...

hey rach! i love you just the way you are. and you're not boring! quit overanalyzing:) and i love your blog. love, rachel!

Peggy Rossmanith said...

Psh, hush Rachel. You're not boring, and I'm going to go ahead and echo the Rachel above me who seems to be a smart lady: I love your blog. We just enjoy reading what you have to say, and your spiritual messages are so often a blessing. So stop worrying about it :)

rhodes1 said...

Thanks for the shout out :) I'll go ahead and echo what they're saying, I get so excited about your blog posts! And FYI, I didn't even put together my blog. I sat with Kate as she asked which image, title, etc. I liked better.

rachel said...

thanks guys :) I really appreciate all of that, and I love each of your blogs too!!

claire said...

rachel, i genuinely enjoy reading your blog. i just love how open and honest you are! i want to be more like that. and by the way, that quote was a punch in my face as well.