Monday, November 9, 2009

Well, it's about time.

I love blogs. I read them everyday. I spend much more time reading blogs than I do on Facebook, checking e-mail, or anything else productive. I cannot count the blogs that I read nearly daily, and how many of those are of people that I don't even know personally.

I've decided that this is because I love people. I love talking to people and simply hearing about their life, their stories, their people, their history. Even the mundane, everyday. I love finding something relateable with every person, even if I've never met them. Ha.

Anyway, I guess that it's only fair that since I religiously view (borderline stalk) blogs, I should start one of my own. Plus, there's this pretty cute boy that started one tonight, and if he did it, I've got to get started too!

I must admit, I'm not too creative. I have very creative friends, and I often get intimidated by their work and ideas. Not that I'm not creative at all, it's just not my greatest strength. All that said, friends, I'm in dire need of ideas for creative, fun title and blog description. Also, I would love to know where to find the super cute background templates you guys have. All in all, I need help getting this blog worthy to be viewed by the masses. (I'm sure that will happen!) I'm welcoming suggestions... anything at all. And no, that picture is not permanent. It's from a recent memory that I'm still savoring. Plus, I'm on Sarah's computer and don't have many options of pictures of me or something that I've picked.

Also- funny story: I actually started this blog a little over a year ago. Wrote one post, below. I'm not really sure why I didn't keep going, but I plan on changing that this time.

Alright, I'm off to search for blog templates! Goodnight everyone. Hope you all sleep well with all this rain; I love it.

5 comments:

rhodes1 said...

Love it! So excited.

i'm rachel said...

i'm so excited! your going to be the best blogger! love you!

claire said...

yay rachel! i'm cracking up at that picture, even though i don't know the memory.

LB said...

I feel like a weirdo commenting on your blog, but I have to say that I will be a committed follower. I got here from Sarah's blog, by the way.

rachel said...

thanks everyone!

claire- that picture is really ridiculous... it's one in a series of photos... how i asked george to mallard ball.

and laura beth- you should read my first post (the one that's like a year old) and recall our very first conversation... the one where i told you that i basically stalked your blog. that was creepy. i'm really glad that you'll be a follower! it's only fair anyway; i check yours all the time!