Tuesday, November 10, 2009

If it rained all day tomorrow too,

I would be a happy girl. Truly, I would be really satisfied if it rained about half the week each week.



Today has been a pretty normal day for me. Class, lunch, more class. I went to Starbucks to study for a while, got caught up people watching and day- dreaming. So, I left. Home to fix some dinner and then hit the books again. It's going to be so hard with this rain. I feel like there are over a million posts that say something similar to this but, wouldn't it be so nice to have a cup of soup/ coffee/ hot chocolate (taco soup for me tonight) and just sit around a fire with some good friends? With the blinds up to watch the rain. Mmm, so soothing.

And how many wonderful rain memories do you have? Stomping around in puddles, racing to your car with friends, maybe even a really good kiss. Rain always makes me want to listen to Patty Griffin, the Weepies, just smooth and beautiful. It just takes you to another place- a dreamy one. Naps are better with rain, music is better with rain, driving is better with rain. I just really like rain. I'm going to stop now.
Ok- one more thing.
I may or may not like it even more than I used to because of scenes like this:


Oh my gosh. I love them so much!
I'm off to my taco soup with the blinds up!

3 comments:

Peggy Rossmanith said...

I second your Jim/Pam sentiment. They make me ridiculously happy.

rachel said...

goodness, I know. Glad to see your blog too!!

i'm rachel said...

rachel slay. take back that rain comment right now! your going to jinx me! i don't mind the rain when i'm inside- but i've changed clothes like 4 times already. i'm wet, cold, and ready for some sun! it can rain come the weekend! love you:)