Monday, December 7, 2009

Finals

The entire purpose of this post is to delay studying. I've actually almost decided to totally stop studying (or avoiding) tonight and just wake up early and go all day tomorrow and Wednesday. I'll have the rest of Thursday afternoon to study for my last final Friday. I think that will work. I hope that will work. Either way, I'm really close to Christmas break. Even though I need to study during the break for the exit HESI that I must pass to graduate. I'm going to stop talking about HESIs now though or I will get really stressed and convince myself to study tonight.

On another note, here are some things I've really been enjoying lately:

1: Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors, particularly their Christmas album, especially track one, two, and nine. Check them out.



2: New drink from Starbucks: Caramel brulee' late'. Very yummy. I'll be drinking lots of these with extra espresso this week. Frappucino version is delicious.

3: This Vivo Dead Sea mineral lotion/ manicure set. I'm a sucker for buying this sort of thing from people who let me sample their product and bargain prices with me. I'm a champ at buying things simply because they're on sale. Then I get home and realize that I really didn't want it. BUT, in this case, glad it's in my possession. The lotion really does work so well! I don't know if it's because it's natural elements or what, but it's awesome. Plus, the lady started at $75 and ended up giving me all this for $25, and a 15% off coupon for my next purchase. The lotion was worth it. Go get some... Village Mall (fabulous place) near the food court. You probably won't be able to miss it; the little lady who sells it will run you down.



*Ya'll, I did not know about the Dead Sea scrolls until I bought this lotion. How am I just learning about this?

4: Fire in the fireplace. I know, college students should not have the kind of home I'm living in right now. I'm totally going to take advantage of it while I can though. Having a fire reminds me of home. And it makes this house feel more home-y and more my style :)

5: The Office. I really, really love that show. I also love that TBS is showing episodes now. Tonight they played the episode where Michael declares bankruptcy. Oh my goodness, so funny. That show never fails to make me happy.

Ok.

I should go study now.

I think I'm probably the only nursing student that isn't studying right now.

I believe in all nighters.

2 comments:

LB said...

Rachel--it's Laura Beth again. I just wanted to say that as you know, I am also a sucker for a good deal. Oh man, I have to always stop and ask myself if it's something I really need. And I love when Michael declares bankruptcy. So great.

Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.