Saturday, December 5, 2009

Beat Bama.



Tim Tebow has more media coverage than any other college football player probably ever has, possibly ever will. I'll even admit, it can be a bit much sometimes. But, he is an incredible athlete, plays inspired football, and seems to be a truly grounded guy. He's just fun to watch. Plus, he wears a Bible verse on his face every game, that's some kind of witness.

I'm counting on him this afternoon. Not because he's the only player for the Gators, but because he can motivate, and he won't go down without a fight. That's how Florida is going to have to play today. I'm sure they will, I hope they will, but dang, Alabama can just get lucky sometimes! And they've got some talent, I'll give them that.

Ahh, games like this really make me nervous. Can you imagine the thoughts and the pressure going through those players' heads right now?! Wow. All the grueling practice, the anticipation, the fans, the dome- roaring. Gosh, I would love/ hate to be there.

I'm queasy about it, and I'm watching it on my couch. This game is huge. Watching the Cincinnati v. Pitt game, the announcers showed a chart with stats for the SEC championship game, and they're pretty tight. Pretty close. But Florida has Tebow, and ya'll I really think he's what makes the difference.

I am excited though, 'cause me and Say-ruh are makin' chick-n-dumplins (that just makes me feel country, figured I'd share) and homemade chocolate chip cookies. Oh and biscuits with honey butter! And fire later. Oh, and I'm not studying all day. More games to watch and nursing books to avoid.

Happy Saturday! Go Gators.

No comments: